What is career transition (or outplacement)?
Your outplacement program is sponsored by your former employer and provided to you at no charge; ensuring you receive professional career support and guidance during your career transition. This service is designed to help you prepare for, and plan your next career move, whether you want to pursue employment with a new company; explore entrepreneurial opportunities; make a career or industry change; plan for permanent or partial retirement; or you are unsure what's next for you.
Why would my company pay for this service?
Most employers genuinely care what happens to employees they can no longer retain. They want you to transition smoothly to a comparable opportunity and know that our service is designed to ensure you achieve that by competing successfully in today’s marketplace. They value your service and loyalty and hope to continue the relationship as potential referral partners and shareholders. Ultimately they hope for a positive transition and know that our assistance can have a strong impact in that regard.
What benefit do I get from this service?
Because it's still a competitive job market, it's important to be "market ready" when conducting a job search. Most people are not experienced in making career transitions, so understanding and successfully navigating modern hiring practices can make a big difference to your success. Through this service, we will partner with you to:
- Develop a direction or strategy for your career as you go forward, using self-assessments and career exploration tools as needed
- Develop your personal brand and story so that your value proposition stands out to prospective employers
- Create your marketing materials, such as your resume and LinkedIn profile
- Integrate a networking strategy that enhances your search
- Excel during interviews, by understanding the different types of interviews you might encounter and by being prepared
- Prepare to negotiate and evaluate job offers
You will also have access to tools and resources through the AJO Portal which is available 24/7. Most importantly, you have access to the Portal until you successfully transition, regardless of your program duration. You can learn more here.
How will my Career Coach help me?
You will have an assigned Career Coach who will work with you one-on-one. He/she will partner with you to reach your personal goals for this transition. Regardless of the final outcome of your transition, you and your coach will begin by assessing your needs and evaluating your current options, based on the results of this assessment. Our Career Coaches have an in depth knowledge of working through transition.
Who is A.J. O’Connor Associates (AJO)?
For over 32 years, AJO has forged deep relationships based on trust and personalized service. Specializing in the customized Career Transition, Executive Coaching and Team and Leadership Development. We are committed to providing high quality consulting and the best tools and resources to support to individuals in transition.
How do I arrange to begin my services?
Please call me, Marie Tanzi and I will provide you with all the details of the services available to you and arrange for you to engage in your program.
- Call 1-800-539-3006 and ask to speak with me. Feel free to call after hours and leave a message for me to call you back.
- Leave me a message using the form here and I will be in touch with you within 24 hours.