Giving back to the community is an ongoing philanthropic initiative at AJO and something we do as a team and as individuals. Whether we are fielding a corporate team in a 5K run/walk; building chairs for a children's library; helping in a soup kitchen; volunteering at an animal shelter or bike riding for a cause we are passionate about, AJO is all about helping community organizations reach their goals.
The following organizations are examples of charitable cause we support on an ongoing basis:
- Cornerstone Family Programs and Morristown Neighborhood House build better lives and stronger communities by helping individuals, families and new immigrants who are confronting economic and other life challenges. President Andy O'Connor sits on the Board and supports this organization in many ways.
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors is a cost-free, grassroots, nationally recognized job search support and networking organization. Membership is open to anyone in career transition, including unemployed or underemployed individuals and recent college graduates, military veterans as well as people re- entering the job market, people preparing for a possible job change, struggling small business owners and anyone looking for part time or volunteer work.
- Jersey Battered Women's Service is a full-service domestic violence and domestic abuse prevention agency which offers a 24-hour hotline; counseling; safe house; transitional living; children's services; life skills education; vocational counseling; batterers' intervention; legal assistance; teen dating violence services; and professional training, education and youth prevention programs.
- The Police Unity Tour is a fund-raising bicycle ride from Florham Park, NJ to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial in Washington, DC to raise awareness of Law Enforcement Officers who have died in the line of duty. President Andy O'Connor rides annually and participates in his 16th ride in 2018.
- The Shakespeare Theater of NJ is one of 25 professional theatres in the state. One of the leading Shakespeare theatres in the nation and serving 100,000 adults and children annually, this is New Jersey's only professional theatre company dedicated to Shakespeare's canon and other classic masterworks. Through its productions and education programs, the company strives to illuminate the universal and lasting relevance of the classics for contemporary audiences.