World Diversity Leadership Summit 2010
Posted inDiversity & Inclusion
onOctober 7th, 2010
- Updated onJune 14, 2018 - 1:23pm
Ajo was delighted to be a sponsor of the 2010 WDLS held at Harvard University Medical Center in Boston last month.
Participating AJO team members included two executive coaches (Lionel Shockness and Jackie Radford) who facilitated breakout sessions on day two capturing highlights for Disney’s Imagineering Diversity of our Ideation and Boston as a World Class City for Business.
No longer is diversity a “do the right thing” initiative, but a crucial, bottom line imperative for corporations:
- Minorities are now the majority in 50 major U.S. cities
- Race is the #1 factor in the long-term savings behavior of professionals, not salary level, gender, tenure or age (study presented by Hewitt)
- 40% of U.S. children younger than 10 years of age are the minority
- Hispanics wield 9.6%, African Americans wield 8.7% and Asians wield 5% of the U.S. nation’s buying power
Some great resources that we want to pass along from the Summit are:
- The Inclusion Paradox: The Obama Era and the Transformation of Global Diversity Andres T. Tapia
- Leadership from the Inside Out: Becoming a Leader for Life, Kevin Cashman
- JumpTime: Shaping Your Future in a World of Radical Change, Jean Houston
- The Heart of Whiteness: Confronting Race, Racism and White Privilege, Robert Jensen
In our next post, we'll introduce you to a fun engaging way to introduce your organization to inclusion.