What is career transition (or outplacement)?
Your outplacement program is sponsored by your former employer and provided to you at no charge; ensuring you receive professional career support and guidance during your career transition. This service is designed to help you prepare for, and plan your next career move, whether you want to pursue employment with a new company; explore entrepreneurial opportunities; make a career or industry change; plan for permanent or partial retirement; or you are unsure what's next for you.
Why would my company pay for this service?
Most employers genuinely care what happens to employees they can no longer retain. They want you to transition smoothly to a comparable opportunity and know that our service is designed to ensure you achieve that by competing successfully in today’s marketplace. They value your service and loyalty and hope to continue the relationship as potential referral partners and shareholders. Ultimately they hope for a positive transition and know that our assistance can have a strong impact in that regard.
What benefit do I get from this service?
Because it's still a competitive job market, it's important to be "market ready" when conducting a job search. Most people are not experienced in making career transitions, so understanding and successfully navigating modern hiring practices can make a big difference to your success. Through this service, we will partner with you to:
- Develop a direction or strategy for your career as you go forward, using self-assessments and career exploration tools as needed
- Develop your personal brand and story so that your value proposition stands out to prospective employers
- Create your marketing materials, such as your resume and LinkedIn profile
- Integrate a networking strategy that enhances your search
- Excel during interviews, by understanding the different types of interviews you might encounter and by being prepared
- Prepare to negotiate and evaluate job offers
You will also have access to online resources through My Career Navigator until you successfully transition, regardless of your program duration.
How will my Career Coach help me?
You will have an assigned Career Coach who will work with you one-on-one. He/she will partner with you to reach your personal goals for this transition. Regardless of the final outcome of your transition, you and your coach will begin by assessing your needs and evaluating your current options, based on the results of this assessment. Our Career Coaches have an in-depth knowledge of working through career transition.
Who is A.J. O’Connor Associates (AJO)?
AJO is a Human Capital Consulting firm specializing in HR consulting, talent development and career transition services. Through experienced listening, caring partnerships and exceptional quality, we help organizations succeed by helping their people succeed. For over 35 years, AJO has developed deep relationships based on trust and personalized service. We are committed to providing high-quality coaching and the best online resources to support to individuals in transition.
How do I arrange to begin my services?
Please contact us so that we can provide you with all the details of the services available to you and arrange for you to engage in your program.
- Call AJO at 1-800-539-3006 and ask to speak with one of our Client Engagement Managers.
- Leave us a message using the form here and one of our Client Engagement Managers will be in touch with you within 24 hours.