The central focus of every Executive / Leadership Coaching engagement at AJO is to stengthen the knowledge, skills and behaviors of executives, so that they can deliver on individual, team and overall business goals.
The degree to which we can demonstrate a financial return on coaching depends on the specific goals, objectives and desired outcomes for each engagement. Some engagements more readily lend themselves to quantitative measurement than others.
Measuring the Impact of Executive Coaching
To measure the ROI of executive / leadership coaching, we elicit input from all stakeholders (the leader, his/her manager and HR) at the end of each engagement, including feedback on tangible business outcomes. The following are examples of how we’ve delivered results that not only returned the coaching investment, but which also resulted in top and bottom line positive impact to the organization.
- A Senior Director in the Consumer Electronics Industry used new influencing skills to recognize cost savings in excess of $1.2 million, a 100% increase over the previous year.
- A Financial Controller in the Hospitality Industry realized bottom line benefits from improved decision making including $300K savings from team restructuring and $60K after implementing a strategy four months ahead of schedule.
- A Legal Counsel was promoted to Senior VP and Assistant General Counsel in the ninth week of Executive Coaching with intense focus on developing executive presence and leadership style.
- A Business Controller in a major pharmaceutical company used Executive Coaching to “thrive” through 2 company acquisitions and achieve promotion to Company Controller.
- A Leader in the Pharmaceutical Industry was nominated to participate in a corporate mentoring program and also earned an outstanding performance review, post coaching. One year later, continuing impact of coaching on her success was acknowledged.