Advancing Women Leaders (AWL)
Advancing Women Leaders (AWL) is designed to promote and support the development of executive women leaders. With a membership drawn from diverse industries and disciplines, and representing all career stages, AWL is unique in that it promotes women’s development and career advancement by actively encouraging seasoned women leaders to support the development of women with less experience.
Why We Launched AWL
“Women are under-represented at every leadership level. My vision is to establish a forum that meets the unique networking and development needs of women leaders in our business community. My hope is to build a vibrant network of seasoned women leaders who actively promote the development of those with less experience.” – Shannon O’Connor Bock -SVP, A.J. O’Connor Associates.
Recent research suggests that women’s networking needs are different from men’s and the failure to recognize and address these differences limits women’s ability to advance. Seasoned women can also do much to support their more junior women colleagues. By bringing women’s development needs and issues to the fore in a forum that also addresses women’s networking needs, AWL seeks to address the challenges that are holding women back.
Through quarterly meetings facilitated by AJO Coaches and Consultants who are passionate about women’s development, AWL seeks to:
- Empower women to navigate cultural and political hurdles to their career advancement
- Offer professional development by way of topics on interpersonal and leadership skills. Attendees can leverage this learning for personal development and for the benefit of colleagues in their organizations.
- Provide strategies and insights to shape professional and personal lives
- Inspire and motivate women to succeed personally and to support the advancement of other women leaders
- Connect women to new networks that offer a diversity of perspectives while supporting their career success in today’s changing world of work
- Enable AJO’s thought leadership and service offerings by understanding the needs of women business leaders
Who Should Attend
Women leaders across all industries, business functions, and seniority levels. Senior women executives are encouraged to invite a more junior leader to accompany them.
Interested in joining? If you fit the profile of our members and you’d like to join us, please complete the form and we’ll be in touch.